Close this search box.


Fatwa 4631 – Libya

Fatwa Number: 4631/2021
Issuing Date:
The Fatwa Committee
Issuing Authority:
Libyan Dar Al-Ifta
I am a 19-year-old girl who has lived my entire life as female. However, when I reached puberty, I did not get my period. I consulted with doctors who agreed that I have a hidden male organ, and that I am transitioning to adulthood as a male. Now, I want to undergo sex correction surgeries. Is this allowed?
Fiqh Rule:
If reputable medical doctors and specialists are confident in the necessity of these surgeries to reveal what is concealed of male or female organs, then it is permissible to rectify the individual’s condition, and subsequent modification of civil registry information is authorized.

Share the Post: